Anti-cheat should be removed :p

HELLO

i am sure everyone is aware of the issue we are having with anti cheat (kicking players every few min).

it was fine with me but today something happened.
i couldn’t fly
when i fly i instantly teleport to the floor and i die.

it would be nice if you can remove the Anti-cheat or turn off the flying part .

kind regards
thx for ur work <3
don’t ban me pls
qsfk

(VOTE TO REMOVE ANTI CHEAT)

3 Likes

Well

It does need some Improvements
Like: work with mcMMO’s abilities, detecting lag/high ping, If you’re stuck in a block,
When flying with Elytra, It’ll just tp to the floor and damage you. EIther instant, or multiple till you die.
When Jumping from a high edge, It’ll tp you to the floor, tping you ~ ~0.5 ~ each time, and then kiling.

Please either, Update this to work with survival, Or install Spartan AntiCheat.

3 Likes

Same here =<
Can’t Fly & Tping to the floor when being on a trapdoor or ledge >w>

Thanks for your Feedback!

That’s exactly what we’re running :wink:

I suggest we wait until survival has been updated to 1.13 (which will hopefully happen soon, we’re preparing it). This could resolve some of the problems already.

Furthermore I’ve updated the plugin again today which should fix some issues. We can also tweak it over time.

A general problem with all Anti-Cheat systems is players with bad internet connections or players who are just very far away from the server location. Since the server is located in Germany people from outside of Europe e.g. from the U.S. will have high pings which can lead to false detections. Meanwhile players from Europe could be just fine.

To better troubleshoot the cause of this issue it would be great if each of you having issues could ping mc.tallcraft.com and share the results here.

1 Like

Never had this amount of kicks on prior updates of Spartan,

Internet is fine with us using elytras, and not be kicked

Microsoft Windows [Version *.*.****]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

C:\Users\Meowing>ping mc.tallcraft.com

Pinging mc.tallcraft.com [136.243.12.12] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 136.243.12.12: bytes=32 time=300ms TTL=43
Reply from 136.243.12.12: bytes=32 time=300ms TTL=43
Reply from 136.243.12.12: bytes=32 time=306ms TTL=43
Reply from 136.243.12.12: bytes=32 time=305ms TTL=43

Ping statistics for 136.243.12.12:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 300ms, Maximum = 306ms, Average = 302ms

Nevermind about that, its just to mc.tallcraft.com :stuck_out_tongue:

Thank you for the insight!

That’s part of the problem. A network paket seems to take around 300 ms to go from you to the server and back. An good connection would have a latency < 50 ms.
This is the reason the anticheat triggers. From the server perspective it can appear as if you’re speed / fly hacking etc. While the anticheat plugin has a detection for players with bad connection to the server it isn’t perfect. I will however try to tweak it in the future (especially after the 1.13 update).
You will, at no point, get auto banned for these kind of violations. The worst it can do is kick you.

1 Like

I 100% agree that anti-cheat should be removed from the server. It is a very big cause of lag for me personally and has killed me countless times (making me lose either my xp levels or in some cases all my items). I can see why most servers would want some sort of protection against things such fly, jesus, etc but I personally think the plugin is causing more grief than actually protecting against cheats. At the very least I believe that the parts of the plugin to do with falling and elytra should be disabled (today alone I was falling from
around 10 blocks in a 1x1 space and was kicked 4 times while falling).

Just my opinion on the matter. I typically don’t pay too much attention to the forums but this issue has been bugging me for a while so I thought I’d leave my opinion.

Keep up the good work
~Erza

1 Like

For me it makes elytras borderline unusable without getting killed multiple times in one trip. I have lost tons of XP this way and it’s very annoying when it happens over an ocean. I don’t have the best connection either.

Weird,
Before the patches, We could use Elytras with no issues,
What I’ve found out, Elytras 100% work underwater, on land they’ll kill (lol!)

There has been a major fix, updated today 2:36AM (your time)
https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/spartan-anticheat-advanced-detections-hack-blocker.25638/update?update=260058

Tallcraft is online since roughly 2011. We have used Anticheat plugins since around 2012. They are necessary. Minecraft itself doesn’t have any built in cheat protection (other than a very bad fly detection).

While we used NoCheat(Plus) for most of the time I’ve recently switched to a new commercial plugin (Spartan) because the author of NoCheatPlus seems inactive (at least for now). This is necessary because NCP hasn’t been updated for Minecraft 1.13 thus causing even more false positives, making the server unplayable.

As all anticheat plugins Spartan isn’t perfect but it should improve over time. You can report any issues you’re experiencing here and I’ll collect them and forward them to the developer if needed.

Should be live now :slight_smile: let me know how it works for you.

2 Likes

Woo! As it’s 3:30am I’ll try it out when I’m on later :smile:

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Problems with AntiCheat? Let us know!