I'm taking a hiatus for a few months (and details about my ban)

Hello everyone! I hope you all are doing well, or at least a bit better than I am, as an event happened today. Long story short, I got banned from the Tallcraft Survival Server until 2021. I want to take this post as an opportunity to admit to my mistakes, and let anyone who may have needed me know that I will be on a hiatus for a bit. Just as a side note, this is NOT a ban appeal. I have made some mistakes, and I believe that the ban was an adequate consequence of that.

I made the mistake of upgrading someone’s gold farm from a Discord DM and then claiming it for them, when it was in reality someone else’s gold farm. I should have been aware of this from the start, as the person messaging me wasn’t in the official Tallcraft Server. And my naiveness to help them out by building a new 1.16 gold farm sort of took over checking that the farm was really theirs (I wasn’t overly aware of how to deal with situations where the build wasn’t actually claimed). As a result of this offence, I have been banned for roughly 2 months. Looking back at what I did, it was quite stupid, and I should take these 2 months as an opportunity to learn.

I additionally want to apologize to the owner of the gold farm, as I know they would have had to gone through the process of creating a ticket and being worried that someone has claimed their property. I know that this could be a stressful experience, especially if the farm was very important to them (I would be worried as well if someone took over my gold farm without knowing how to properly use it, since they might have a risk of breaking it). But I hope that the new upgraded gold farm I built can be used to your advantage, and I hope you can forgive me for that.

I also want to apologize to anyone who I was working on a project with, as I know there will likely be difficulties to continue the projects without my designs (most notably, I can’t work on the raid farm I was planning to share with ChromeDecision and work on my Work-In-Progress city of Industria will have to be paused and work on my other gold farm will have to be paused as well).

Anyway, I will still probably be active on the Tallcraft Discord, and I hope you all can forgive me for this incident once I’m able to return back to the server next year.

4 Likes

Pearl,

I salute you for coming clean and respectfully take upon yourself to constructively explain to the community why you got banned.

I also want to thank you for taking this as an opportunity to learn from your actions and the consequences that come with it.

When the case came in, I assisted the staffmembers involved in this ‘massive’ investigation and tried to connect as many dots as possible before any hesitant or regretteable decision was taken.
As we also did not want to believe that this could’ve a full action of mal-intent…

As this is a great example of good faith gone wrong, I would like to encourage anyone on the server to ALWAYS check with staff before starting to improve or taking over a build that is not yours.
The rules regarding this are clear, but we do understand they can be misinterpreted.
Simple rule of thumb, if uncertain, ask staff or make a ticket, better to not touch something that isn’t yours, than just assuming it will be fine…

You’re an important member to this community, and I’m gratefull that you keep active on our discord, and I hope to see you back on the server during the new year.

Again, a respectfull salute o/

1 Like