Wanting to get unbanned, don't think it was fair

I was playing, and me and my friend, BFC_Keaton, were messing around. I’ll admit we were being a bit not nice. But, because we were not nice, we were temporarily muted. We stopped causing problems, but then, out of nowhere, without warning, we got permanently banned. Since we were previously muted, we don’t think this is fair. BFC_Keaton was also accused of racial slurs, when we didn’t say anything relating to race. Our moderator that banned us was StarField_9. Thank you for reading. My username is Tjom.

Ban profiles: https://bans.tallcraft.com/player/BFC_Keaton
https://bans.tallcraft.com/player/Tjom
Hello!
The mute was a way to stop the chat infractions; and bans are the typical response to chat infractions. In this case, I was busy at the moment so the tempmute was to stop it pending full chatlog review, which led to the ban with a proper reason. Mutes are a good way to control chat if heated and when I enter a chat like that, first order of business is to cool down the chat, proper punishments can come after whether immediate or after a while pending a chatlog review.
In terms of racial slurs (note “racial slurs” not “explicit racism”, there’s a difference), that was found after chatlog review, see below:

Evidence (some NSFW)

Screen Shot 2020-03-16 at 11.49.11 AM-07.00
I didn’t bother to mention this separately, but also just as inappropriate:
Screen Shot 2020-03-16 at 11.49.32 AM-07.00

In this case, the list was long since, many different offensive and inappropriate things were said one or twice, but the overall mood of the chat infractions felt like you (and BFC) didn’t care about other players at all.

Evidence for Tjom (NSFW)

Screen Shot 2020-03-16 at 11.32.47 AM-07.00
Screen Shot 2020-03-16 at 11.24.08 AM-07.00
Screen Shot 2020-03-16 at 11.21.14 AM-07.00

It also doesn’t help your case that many users told you to stop yet you continued to go on.

More evidence (NSFW)

Screen Shot 2020-03-16 at 11.57.37 AM-07.00
Screen Shot 2020-03-16 at 11.57.26 AM-07.00

Thank you for responding quickly. We apologize and understand. It’s obviously up to you, but if you unban us we promise we won’t say anything bad again. Please keep in mind that we didn’t mean the things we said. We just said them because we thought it was funny, not because we’re actually bigots lol.

Also, there were 2 other people in our server than got banned. They, on the other hand, got a warning before continuing to break the rules. We did not get a warning. If we got one, we would’ve stopped because without one, we didn’t realize we were at risk.

You already got your warning from other players… the people you mentioned said one word, got a warning, then continued landing them a ban. If you had said stuff only once or twice, you probably would have gotten just a warning as well, but that’s not what happened. Anyway, especially since this occurred today, ban will remain as-is.
Dispute Closed

1 Like