Allowed and forbidden mods

Teh Tails mod =3

(This is 20 characters =w=)

Added. :3

♪ Lalala the 20 character limit is sometimes very incovenient… ♪

:smiley:

Is the world downloader mod also allowed?

We can’t really prevent you from using it so, yes go ahead. :slight_smile:
It’s not really cheating since it only sees what the client sees.
Also it doesn’t know the seed so it only works for areas you’ve actually been to and chests you have opened.

Now, I wish I could’ve downloaded my area to continue working on it before my removal.

Add “Still to be tested mods”:
-Advanced Skin Customization
-Ama’s Damage Indicator
-AppleSkin
-Better Animal Models
-Better Animations Collection 2
-CleanView
-Coloured Tooltips
-Controlling
-Custom Selection Box Port
-Durability101
-Enchantment Descriptions
-Enemyz
-Equipment Tooltips
-FreeLook
FTB Utilities: Backups (edit: Only singleplayer worlds)
-Hwyla
-Inventory Spam
Items Don’t Break! (edit: Doesn’t work in multi)
-Just Enough Items (JEI)
-Light Level Overlay Reloaded
-MineMenu
-MoreCrashInfo
-Neat
-Particle Fixes
-Ping
-RealisticUlities
-Server Tab Info
-Shoulder Surfing Reloaded
-SimpleZoom
-Smooth Scrolling Everywhere (Forge)
-TE Render Distance Options
-Toast Control
-Tool Helper
-Torch Optimizer

• World Handler - Command GUI

Is the Badlion Client allowed? It has an API that allows servers to disable any mods they don’t want active so there’s no reason for it not to be allowed.

what about wings mod?

Can you send a link to this mod? If this just like adds wings as a visual thing to players and doesn’t give you any other advantages, it’s probably ok.

Hey sorry for late response here is the highest update for wings mod (1.8.9) [1.8.9] Wings Mod-1.2

are clients like lunar client or badlion client allowed?

I’ll need a description of what the mod does in order to make a decision, but also tallcraft only guarantees that you can join on the latest-ish version, and we do not support 1.8 client versions.

I have heard of these clients before but do not know what they can do. If you can point me to a feature/mod list, I can figure out what is allowed/not allowed. In general, performance mods like optifine, aesthetic mods like shaders, and some utility mods like litematica or fair mini-map are allowed.

they dont do things like give unfair advantages they just give useful tools ike coords without pressing f3, optifine features, clock and stopwatch, cps + keystrokes mod, and other stuff like that, again, no competitive advantage

Is the replay mod allowed. It records your game then you can go in the editor after you leave and make cinematic videos. I am just wondering because if you place keyframes in walls it shows caves. Its like when you go in spectator mode or when you do the piston composter glitch.

I see that Appleskin is still in the to be tested list. Appleskin has two main functions, #1 it adds a little icon at the end of food items if you hover over it which shows how much hunger/saturation it restores. I think that’s fair since it’s info that can be found on the wiki. The other main part is that it shows how much Saturation you have. I know Lunar Client also has a similar function to show how much saturation you have. Would it be considered fair or not?

https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/mc-mods/appleskin

Fair! I’ve added it to the list.

Should I ask for every mod I use to be approved, or just the ones that seem that are maybe a bit more debatable in mechanics?

Generally, we won’t list every allowed mod here. I’m actually considering removing this list completely and adding some more text to the rules describing the nature of allowed vs forbidden mods.

1 Like

We are thinking of redoing the mods list by instead having categories of approved mods, and if a mod does not fit in any of them or has features that cannot be disabled that do not fall into any, assume they are not allowed unless staff says otherwise. So far, we have the following categories:

• purely non-informational visual changes (capes, custom skins, hats, etc)
  • optimization (optifine, lithium)
  • information that is easily seen in vanilla client (i.e. armor, inventory, potion effects, item durability, light levels, measuring distances, coordinates, but no minimaps with underground mapping or mobs listed, xray, tracers, etc.).
    • Having a mod that shows the health or inventory of mobs or other players is allowed.
  • Information about game mechanics displayed in an easy-to-view format. May use information from the server that anyone can see in vanilla to show information (light levels, food in hand, etc) (AppleSkin, Crafting recipe list mods, visual spawning range overlays)
  • Mods that do not run while in multiplayer (world edit, multiconnect, ReAuth, Mod Menu for fabric, custom world generation, etc)
  • status info from your computer (fps, cpu usage, memory usage)
  • building guides (litematica, Slot Locker, etc)
  • recording mods used for the purpose of recording (replay mod)
  • anything that can be replicated using stuff built into the vanilla client without modification (f3 + b, f3 + h, zoom, no fullbright because that’s going into gamefiles and manually editing the value to something crazy high)
  • Mod loaders (forge, fabric, etc by themselves is fine)

If anyone has any questions or feedback before these policies are added to the rules officially, please say so here.

3 Likes