Anticheat killing elytra users

I have been having issues of getting killed while using an elytra and fireworks… This happens very often, about once every 15 minutes of flying. I have found that other players have had this problem too. What happens is I will be flying with an elytra when suddenly I get rubberbanded back to the same spot several times while being “pulled” down. I am unable to resume flying (I use firework rockets) and I am then killed by fall damage. I believe this is an Anticheat issue and not a latency/connection issue. Is it possible that this problem could be looked in to more? It’s very frustrating and I have lost several items and xp levels to it.

1 Like

Thanks for the detailed report.
Could you additionally test this with minecraft 1.14.4 and 1.15 and see if you notice a difference?
Edit: I’ve created an issue on our internal bug tracker. We’ll try to resolve this as soon as possible.

New update, please let me know if it works better for you now.
Edit: Even more elytra fixes incoming! :slight_smile:

Sorry about the late response but I was only doing it in 1.14.4. I haven’t had the chance to test since I made this post but I will soon and I’ll let you know the results.

1 Like

Alright, I just got on and literally less than a minute of flying it happened again. I didn’t get killed, but what happened was I landed in water and was immediately TP-ed towards the bottom.

Edit: did a lot more flying and the problem seems to be fixed other than this one incident.

Well, scratch what I said before, the problem is back and if anything it’s worse. Sometimes I get frozen in the same spot while trying to walk. I have gotten killed a few times by mobs already because of this. This wasn’t happening before.

Another update coming! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.