Keep items between the worlds

In Tallcraft’s announcement about the new world he mentioned that we cannot keep our old items from the old world. In my opinion this is a bad decision considering all the hard work we have put into getting these items that we can’t even enjoy them in a new world it makes me feel like I’m being forced to stay in the old world if i want to enjoy my work i have put into gathering items like skeleton spawners and shulkers and not being able to actually build a skeleton farm in the new world like i wanted to. Yes I do understand that with more shulkers in rotation that they will become worth less but if we get the farm world that resets every so often we will already have more in rotation so why would our progress need to be taken away that we worked many years for. In my opinion its a bad move to make for the server and will cause many people to be angry. If anyone agrees with my opinion just reply so tallcraft can notice.-MysticUmbreon_

3 Likes

Agreed, I know lots of players who were planning on starting huge builds in the new worlds using resources from the current world. This would also make guardian farms unusable (there are currently no ways to build a guardian farm in 1.13) and it would just make the game unenjoyable.

2 Likes

I personally was interested in using some of my resources to build a base in the new world, but I also think it would be fun to start fresh. So I see both sides I guess. I would prefer to have a fresh new world more then to just be able to transfer stuff over.

1 Like

Now, this is just from what I have heard and nothing concrete, but the reason why we can’t really have items transfer is because of how 1.13 changed the game.

From spigotmc.org:

Extreme Caution (1.13 - Current): This version is stable for those looking to run a public server based on Minecraft 1.13, but only if an entire reset of all worlds and data is performed, and all plugins in use have a Native Minecraft Version of 1.13. It is not safe to use on existing worlds. There are known Vanilla bugs that will irreparably delete data from your old world, or otherwise render it unusable. You may use this version to test conversion of your world, but you will NEED to restore your world from a 1.12.2 backup before moving onto the second wave.

That’s the key reason why it’s unlike to share items. The differences between 1.12.2 and 1.13 means it’s extremely unstable to have stuff transfer.

I, for one, would love to have my items in the new world, but it seems unlikely due to all the changes Mojang made.

1 Like

I wonder if it would be possible in putting both Survival 1 & Survival 2 into singleplayer and rendering it (Ofc backing both worlds up first) and reupload to the server

Whats the point of survival then if you have everything already, then you can beter go to creative if you want everything. There’s a lot too explore now. I’m Builder as well but like to have a challenge to start over and see things get beter resources. A different world for mining would be great to keep the normal world clean.

3 Likes