Show if chest is empty in the mall shop

I own a shop in the mall. I get shoppers and sometimes my items become out of stock.

Is there any way I can automatically show that my chest is empty in the mall shop if it’s sold out besides me manually checking the chest when I log on and putting a “sold out” sign above the chest? And also is there a way to automatically show how much of the item is left in the chest?

I don’t want people to click buy on a product and have them be disappointed if it says out of stock. I want them to know automatically ahead of time before they hit buy on the sign.

3 Likes

The plugin we use for the chest shops doesn’t support this. However, there used to be a feature where it removed the sign and put it in the chest if the shop was empty. We can look into enabling that. What do you think?

1 Like

That would be a cool thing to enable.

My main problem with that is since I run a book store I would have to get the books IDs and everything every time. It’s not a massive thing but it would be quite annoying. Also with my store selling books it sells out decently fast. I am just one person though, andI don’t log on that regualrly so if many other people want this then I’m fine with it.

Maybe we could try enabling that just for a week or so and see if people like it?

Can we possibly edit the feature to let it keep the text? Treat those signs as non-stackable individual signs?

I’ve changed the chest shop settings so that:

1. There is no longer a fee for creating shops
  2. If a shop gets out of stock the sign is removed and placed in the chest.

The sign will be cleared, however, creating a new sign is really fast if you use ? for the item ID. It will automatically create the ID, matching the items in the chest.

These settings will apply in the coming days (whenever I get to restart the server).

2 Likes

Now I just have to remember the price/quantities, possibly making an excel sheet with it.
While i’m at it, I might type out every shop with prices next server restart

1 Like

when exactly is this going to effect? It’s been 2 weeks, I’m just curious.

Should be active since today. Sorry for the delay.

1 Like

It works but for chests that were already empty (before the change took effect) and I try to buy from it, the sign doesn’t go in the chest, EX: OverallButton’s books at -22297/68/-13006

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.