Suggestion for if Allay gets added

[WARNING: THIS IS JUST A HYPOTHETICAL] Now as all of you might know, MC Live is happening this Saturday, and there will be another mob vote. One of these mobs is called the Allay. The Allay will take an item you give it, and find more for you. This will make materials, such as diamonds, very easy to get, and as you know, diamonds are the building blocks of the economy, the buy and sell of the bank to get money. Now if the Allay is added, things similar to gold farms will exist (Now I know diamond farms exist, but they are only usable at certain times of the day and they require lots of materials), and if the currency is changed, it will still be easy to farm either way. My solution to this - TallCoin. TallCoin is a head (can look like anything) that is a currency which will buy/sell at the bank for 100 dollars. TallCoin can be obtained by mining blocks, and depending on the block, its a different drop chance. For example, it’s more common by mining obsidian than it is for sand. Ex (not final) : Obsidian is 10% and sand is 0.1%. Lastly I would like to say THIS IS JUST A SUGGESTION. NONE OF THIS HAS TO BE FINAL. Thanks for reading :slight_smile:

P.S. : Suggestion for the name TallCoin made by M0nkeymooo

2 Likes

This actually sounds like a really good idea, even without the Allay!

2 Likes

First of all - I love the idea of adding a custom currency (ah, if only this idea was announced before the economy change…), I think it has a lot of potential.
Secondly, allay does not duplicate items or open any chests for you nearby. All it does is collects stuff that’s laying on the ground and brings it to you. It’s not a revolutionary diamond farm - more like a cool analogue for hoppers/hopper minecarts, I bet you could make really cool farms where you use allays instead of hoppers. The trailer for it does seem very confusing - I also thought that it’s an OP Item Duplicator. Alas, it is not, which is good. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

This is a good idea but for the love of god!! Do not remove our current money!! I already lost over a million i worked so hard fo get when we changed to diamond and i am finally back at that with the same if not more work i am sorry but if you remove the currency again i would be expecting to keep the same amount i currently have at time of change

2 Likes

You could always keep your cash in the material form, just to be on the safe side!

https://youtu.be/6qKxZO7tFfc?t=20 Black Books came to mind :smiley:

1 Like

Xisumavoid released a couple of videos showing the Allay’s capabilities, it appears to have a timer on how long it will take items to a drop of Point before returning to player. Be handy as a gathering companion to pick up drops at most. Check out Xisumavoid videos on youtube to find out more if you want.

1 Like