Protecting yourself, your land and your blocks

Hi everyone, I thought I’d write a small guide to outline the possible ways of protecting your stuff, along with some pointers.
Let me know if something’s missing, or deserves to be on here!

Protecting yourself

• Knowing where you are: /whereami
  • When you die, your drops are protected (unless if they fall into the void or something) from other players picking them up for a little bit of time. How long exactly is unknown to me :slight_smile:
    Disabling this can be done by typing /unlockdrops (it’s unclear if this disables your currently dropped loot, or just disables your loot protection henceforth entirely)

Protecting your land
Protecting your land is done with a golden shovel. More information about the regular set-up is found here. (Scroll down and click on “Protection” to open it up)
Under this, you’ll find a link pointing you to even more information on this plug-in, including how to use Subdivided claims. (GL with that, haven’t done it myself yet :smiley: )

To see your trust settings, stand on the claimed plot you’re curious about, and type /trustlist (notice the color coding for the multiple trust levels below)

A small overview of the permission levels you can set for other players, from trusting someone completely to very minimal access (please note a player can only hold one permission per area):

• Manage: All the permissions below, and allowing a player to share their permissions with others: /PermissionTrust playername
  • Build: All the permissions below, and allowing a player to build and destroy blocks within the claim: /trust playername
  • Container: All the permissions below, and allowing a player access to crafting gear, containers, and animals. /containertrust playername
  • Access: Gives a player permission to use your buttons, levers, and beds. /accesstrust playername

And of course, in case of heartbreak: /untrust playername to take away any and all permissions within that plot.

Lastly, a handy command to toggle whether explosions are allowed in the claim: /ClaimExplosions

Protecting your blocks
When building something on unclaimed territory, you may want to protect blocks. (Be careful of going overboard with this one, as it’s block-by-block protection, rather than in an area. For larger properties, see above!). You can find out the details of how it works here. (Scroll down and click on “Protection” to open it up)
Under this (underneath Land Claiming), you’ll find a link pointing you to even more information on this plug-in.

An interesting note, though:
With the following command, you can toggle the command to last until you turn it off again: /lwc mode persist
Using this command, you could for instance protect 6 chests in one go, by doing the following:

Type /lwc mode persist to turn on the ‘loop’
Type /cprivate to turn on the single ‘punch-to-protect’ command, which won’t end after one punch now
Punch the 6 chests (notice the feedback in chat!)
Type /lwc mode persist to turn off the ‘punch-to-protect’.

5 Likes