Diamonds as the new currency

Seriously? Diamonds are currency now? With no warning? I… wow…

i mean there are ways to make diamond farms, not gonna go to into detail but yea

What I like to think of would be some kind of exchange. As if you could trade a set amount of gold ingots to diamonds. That way, the amount of gold you may have accumulated over time is not immediately lost regarding its value. I suppose an exchange rate of 10:1 (10 gold ingots for one diamond) would be fair. Are there any concerns regarding this idea?

2 Likes

Even with a 10 gold to one diamond exchange, people with enough motivation could still get crazy rich and get a lot of money from gold farms and the nether. People will think outside the box they are stuck in. Just one trip to the nether or a gold farm might not be much, but many trips over and over can cause them to get enough gold to turn into diamonds for them to take to the bank…

…but I’m not quite sure how to change the gold to diamond ratio to make sure the economy doesn’t break again while still being able to convert gold ingots to diamonds.

Personally, I prefer diamonds. Over the past year, I’ve made some deals with people regarding some money, and just from that, you could tell; the economy was CRACKED.

People would sell a single head that isn’t one of a kind for one million, a completely absurd price. There was a huge imbalance in the community, the people who had gold farms would prosper, the people without would not. I was doing quite well even without gold farms, as I had obtained a few rare skulls over the past year and a half.

You can tell the economy is going downhill when people make forums post about “How to make money quick” and one of the reasons is from gold farms. I think that now, money will be more valuable than before, which was VERY necessary.

Nobody should have billions just because of an easy to abuse game mechanic. I understand that people are upset by the change, but things could’ve been a LOT worse(emeralds or iron as currency). Gold was just too easy to obtain.

Diamonds are not hard to get. Strip mine at y=11 with silk touch/fortune(I prefer using silk touch and using super breaker on diamonds to get extra ore, and then going home and mining the diamonds with fortune, you get a ton of diamonds just from a 1-5 vein).

While yes, I agree, diamonds could be increased in price a tiny bit, not up to what everyone is saying, $300. I don’t know who thought $300 for a single diamond was fair, but it really isn’t. $200 at the most for a diamond, and I think $150 would be a good in between.

After a few weeks, things will be better than how they were with gold currency. Also, the point of having money is to be able to buy things. People get all that money and then never spend it on anything major.

There’s a problem with how everything would work either way if tall let us know it was happening. If he let us know it was happening, people would’ve spent all their money on diamonds before the economy changed and they’d still have 1/3 of the money they had before, which is still a huge amount, considering some people had millions and millions of dollars.

Anyways, diamond as currency will be better than gold as currency, sorry for anyone I may have offended in this post, I was just trying to make a statement.
That’s all from me,
-3bams

8 Likes

If there was a heads-up notice, I’m sure people would cash in their stashes. It’s better for the economy that our gold reset to 100k if you had that or more.

If there is an undiscovered dupe glitch or diamond farm, I’d hope you’d tell Tallcraft or I’d mark you as sus.
I couldn’t find any.

i did ask tall about this, and he said people can build farms- it’s something that can’t really be forbidden.
unsure about dupes though, since technically dupe glitch would be an exploit.

1 Like

I highly doubt dupe glitches would work in multiplayer anyway

1 Like

IMO I like this, Diamonds take effort to get but to get gold all you do is build a massive laggy farm and its very annoying.

You do realize even with diamonds people can make a massive laggy farm to dupe them, even though that’d be taking advantage of bugs.

I’m not aware of any working diamond duplication glitches. If you do find one please reach out!

2 Likes

It’s not a dupe glitch, it’s to do with the mcMMO salvage feature

Yep, pretty sure they’re all for bedrock edition

I found a few that work through tutorials, but most are either not auto, only singleplayer, or use exploits. I hope everyone is smart enough to not use any though.

To be perfectly frank, people can still generate diamonds pretty easily. Villagers and Mcmmo salvage enable one to buy diamond armor and break it down. It takes more time and effort than gold farms, to be fair, nor does it involve illegal duping, so it may be balanced. My point is simply that people are not limited to mining.

There is a new FAQ page here: Economy change - Gold to Diamonds

heres the problem i have spent so long getting gold and never diamond so i have none but this new currency is great for players who had a ton of diamonds so how is that fair

of course those players are lucky, but keep in mind there IS many ways to obtain diamonds too; you can easily get diamonds just by excavating. there is other players who had tons and tons of gold and no diamonds or barely any at all.
that’s not the point of the currency change; because there was so much gold, and more ways to obtain gold than diamond, it caused there to be so much money in the system that it broke the economy, so there had to be something done about it

1 Like

I think it would be worth pointing out that any dupe bugs would not be Tallcraft exclusive. If a dupe bug does exist for Java, it is very likely someone else has already found out the situation and reported the bug to Mojang.

1 Like