Economy change - Gold to Diamonds

3 days ago, the economy on Tallcraft has changed from gold to diamonds. Players who had over 100,000 coins were capped to that amount. Everyone else with less than 100k is unaffected by this change. This was to reset the economy on the server, as there was too much money in the system.

This is because gold was too easy to obtain at this point. There were loads of gold farms being built, the mesa had lots of gold and with the new nether update came nether gold ore, which could easily be smelted into gold ingots and the piglin bastions, which usually had lots of gold. Mostly gold farms broke the economy, however.

We also do not encourage AFK farms, which most of them were gold farms.

We understand that the change was very sudden, and purposefully so- if we gave a warning beforehand, it’s likely people would have stashed up on money while the currency was still in gold by buying as many diamonds as possible beforehand.

A lot of questions about this were asked, so below I will compile a basic FAQ surrounding the topic of the economy change. Questions asked in this thread will also be added over time.

Q:
Why not iron?
A:
Iron is a material that is just as easy to obtain; farms, mining, and trading. Even emerald farms exist.

Q:
So why diamonds then?
A:
Diamonds are suitable enough for the currency change. To obtain diamonds, you do have to put a lot more work in. Aside from mining, they can also be found from excavation and treasure, as well as the salvage mcMMO skill.
We also considered Netherite as a base item for our economy. However, it is significantly harder to obtain, especially for new players. Diamonds feel like a good tradeoff between manual effort and accessibility.

Q:
But there are also diamond farms?
A:
We are aware of those, but we can’t do a whole lot to forbid people to build them. The only problem are dupe glitches, which are not allowed.

Q:
My money was reset to 100k. Do I get reimbursed?
A:
Yes! You won’t be able to get them back in coins, but you can get them back in gold blocks. The reason why you can’t get them back in coins is that it would defeat the purpose of the economy change.

If you would like your coins back in gold blocks, simply use the /ticket [create] command, and staff will help you. Tallcraft has records and knows how much money you had.

You are welcome to ask more questions below, and the staff members will be happy to answer further questions about this. I will be adding them to this thread as mentioned before!

3 Likes

Thanks Arthur! The post looks great.

Happy to answer any questions you might have.

3 Likes

i had finally reached 1 mil and had done so much recently to get to it i even sold my full skull collection and when i finally get 1 mill you take it away i dont care about the gold i lost but what about everything i had done to get the million ??? cant get my skulls back i sold soooo many of them

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.